Founded in 1898, San Martin de los Andes, is a small town in the Nequen region of northen Patagonia. Located on the shores of the Lacar lake, at the foots of the Andes, in the Lacar departement. It is about 30 miles from the Chilean border and about 1000 miles south of Buenos Aires. Today a popular turistic destination, and head quarters for the Lanin National Park. It is at one end of the suggestive “seven lakes road”, that also leads to Villa La Angostura and then to San Carlos de Bariloche (about 120 miles distant), winding trough the impressive Lake Region.
Here are some videos of the presentation of that land that has been called “The world at the end of the world” (L. Sepulveda).